‘Tis the season for Oh-So-Delicious (and Oh-So-Easy) Brownie ideas with Tara Kingston!
I’d like to begin with a confession—I love chocolate, a delicious dessert, and snuggling with my hubby by a hot fire on a winter night (not necessarily in that order), but cooking is not high on my list of favorite things in life. I enjoy baking, but I simply don’t have the time or interest to cook from scratch. But I do enjoy a scrumptious sweet, especially around the holidays. My husband loves brownies—matter of fact, I’m making him birthday brownies rather than a cake. With a box of brownie mix and some mix-ins or frosting, you can whip up a deliciously decadent dessert.
My top ten quick and easy ideas for transforming from-the-box brownies into a mouth-watering treat:
1) Chocolate chip brownies—Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter before baking. I usually use about a fourth of a cup. Yummy, gooey goodness!
2) Peanut butter brownies—Love peanut butter cups? Add peanut butter chips to the batter before baking. (Of course, be sure your guests do not have an allergy to peanuts.)
3) Caramel fudge brownies—Add caramel bits or chopped caramels to the batter. Yum!
4) Kahlua or Irish Cream brownies—Substitute ¼ cup Kahlua or Irish Cream liqueur instead of water when mixing the batter. Delicious!
6) Brownies a la mode—A scoop of French vanilla ice cream adds considerably to the decadence of any brownie. This is especially tempting if the brownie is still warm and the ice cream melts a bit. Scrumptious!
7) Brownies with whipped cream—A dollop of whipped cream adds an extra bit of temptation. For extra flavor, top with a few cherries.
7) German chocolate brownies—Frost with coconut pecan icing…delicious!
8) Sour cream frosted brownies—The combination of rich fudge and sour cream frosting offers a delicious flavor contrast.
9) Chocolate chip frosted brownies—Add a sprinkle or two of chocolate chips to chocolate or vanilla frosting.
10) Toffee bar frosted brownies—Crunch up a toffee bar and sprinkle into chocolate or vanilla frosting. Delicious!
These are some of my favorite easy-peasy brownie variations. Enjoy!
Don’t miss Entangled’s 25 Days of Holiday Steals, happening now! We’re celebrating a different book each day, from now until December 25th, and each book will be on sale for just 99¢ on their dedicated spotlight day! So join in the festivities, and help us celebrate all month-long!
**On sale today for just 99¢!**
About When A Lady Deceives:
A woman with a secret and a dangerous man forge an undeniable passion.
In Victorian London, reporter Jennie Quinn employs deception as a weapon. Going undercover to seek justice for a murdered informant, she’s drawn into a powerful criminal’s seductive game of cat and mouse. Enigmatic former lawman Matthew Colton is as dangerous as he is clever, but the passion in his kiss is too tempting to resist. She aches to trust him, but she will not abandon her quest for the truth.
Colton is a man with secrets of his own. Thirsting for vengeance, the disgraced Scotland Yard detective has infiltrated the criminal world he’s vowed to destroy. Jennie intrigues him, even as she breaks down the barriers around his heart. He yearns to uncover her secrets—in and out of his bed. Driven to shield her, he’ll risk everything to protect the woman whose love heals his soul.
Find it online: