5 reasons you need to read Escaping Eleven
- You’ll forget about everything else in your life. I mean it. Not only is Escaping Eleven fast-paced, but it’s super intense. The action, the emotion—it’s all ramped up to the extreme, and it’s totally unrelenting.
- You’ll fall seriously in love with the characters, especially Eve and Wren. Without giving too much away, they meet in a very unusual way (they have to fight!) and after that they can’t quite forget about each other. I think readers will have a tough time forgetting about them, too.
- You’ll appreciate fresh food and nature even more you already do. That’s right, because both of these things are missing from Compound Eleven, and as we learn more about Eve and her desire to experience the sensation of fresh air, you’ll come to notice and appreciate the sensation that much more.
- Your emotions will get a workout. Yep, you might actually cry a time or two, but don’t worry—you’ll be laughing at other times. Basically…Escaping Eleven is an emotional rollercoaster—a fun one, I promise!
- You’ll be motivated to build some muscle! I’m not kidding—once you fall in love with Eve, you’re bound to take an extra liking to the gym. Why? Because Eve can truly kick ass. She’s a hobby fighter, and can clobber just about anyone she meets—guy or girl. Convinced?
My name is Eve Hamilton and I live in Compound Eleven.
Here, the hierarchy of the floors is everything. And on my floor, we fight—which is better than the bottom floor, where they toil away in misery. Only the top floor has any ease in this harsh world; they rule from their gilded offices.
All because four generations ago, Earth was rendered uninhabitable—the sun too hot, the land too barren. Those who remained were forced underground. While not a perfect life down here, I’ve learned to survive as a fighter.
Except my latest match is different. Instead of someone from the circuit, my opponent is a mysterious boy from the top floor. And the look in his eyes tells me he’s different, maybe even kind…right before he kicks my ass.
He could be my salvation. He could be my undoing. Because I’m no longer content to just survive in Eleven. Today, I’m ready to fight for more than my next meal. I’m fighting for my freedom. And this boy might just give me the edge I’ve been waiting for.
The Eleven trilogy is best enjoyed in order.
Book #1 Escaping Eleven
Book #2 Unraveling Eleven
Book #3 Ending Eleven
Jerri Chisholm is a YA author, a distance runner, and a chocolate addict. Her childhood was spent largely in solitude with only her imagination and a pet parrot for company. Following that she completed a master’s degree in public policy and then became a lawyer, but ultimately decided to leave the profession to focus exclusively on the more imaginative and avian-friendly pursuit of writing. She lives with her husband and three children, but, alas, no parrot.