Let me tell you… Writing a series about football players requires hours upon hours of research on both the game and the men who play it. Tireless pursuit of knowledge in the goal of being as authentic and realistic as possible….
Okay, I’m lying. I actually just pumped my husband, brother-in-law and father for information because I have zero knowledge about football. Like, zip, nada, nil, more clueless than Cher Horowitz in a thrift store on Crenshaw. And if you missed that Clueless reference, we can no longer be friends!
But anywho, like I said, I’m pretty much a dunderhead when it comes to sports, period—except for basketball because I was kind of a phenom in middle school. *hair flip* Where was I going with this again? Riiiight. So I hounded my peeps for all-and-anything regarding football. I called them when I needed lingo, plays, even dialogue because they’re obviously football savants. And with Scoring the Player’s Baby, Book 3 in the WAGS series that’s about to release on July 9th(how’s that for a shameless plug?), I can honestly say I still know nothing about the sport. Sorry. #NotSorry
But, one thing I can declare for certain is I do know my players. Well…let me amend that. I know my fine football players. And I have the Top 5 right here to share my newfound education.
Disclaimer: This list has absolutely nothing to do with position, skill level, talent, intellect or athleticism. Nope, none of that good stuff. This list is based strictly on hotness and how good they look in tight pants. Or better yet, with a bare chest. Why, yes, I am shallow. Say it loud! *bowing* Ready? Here we go!
- Troy Polamalu, Pittsburg Steelers (retired). I’m about to share something really personal here. Troy Polamalu saved my marriage. Hand to the Man. Early in my marriage, I was a football widow. From August to February, my hubby disappeared in his man cave surrounded by the TV, computer, and his phone, watching games, ESPN, and everything having to do with football. I hated But…like a ray of sunshine burst through the clouds and the angelic hosts sang, because I saw Troy. And from that day forward, I was no longer a widow. Well, at least not when the Steelers played. But seriously, look at that hair. That skin. That body. And did I mention the hair? Wait, maybe I did mention the hair…
- Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings. Another confession. I knew nothing about Harrison Smith until my edits on Scoring Off the Field, Book 2 in the WAGS series that is currently on sale for just 99¢. Another shameless plug there… Then my editor was like, “Hey, have you heard of Harrison Smith? Hol’ up, lemme send you a link.” Holy Humm-a-na-humm-a-na, Batman! The man is gorgeous! Light green-ish eyes, face sculpted to-the-gawds, and those lips! Not to mention he’s a safety (just Googled that) and so’s Troy (just Googled that, too). He can take me down to the ground any day!
- Tyrann Mathieu, Arizona Cardinals/Houston Texans. This man’s nickname in college was The Honey Badger. I could end this right here and walk away. I mean, c’moooon. And hello, he’s pretty. Soooo pretty. Golden all over. Hair, skin, smile, body. There’s nothing hotter than a pretty man who has swagger and sweetness off the field and then turns into an aggressive beast on the field. No, he doesn’t go after other males’ nuts like the animal he’s named after, but he puts ‘em down! Oh, and another safety in the mix! Yeeesss, I just Googled that, too! Also, side note. I based Zephirin Black, the hero in Scoring with the Wrong Twin, Book 1 in the WAGS series who hailed from Louisiana, on Tyrann. Yo! My plugging skills are craaazy!
- Clay Matthews, III, Green Bay Packers. One word. Thor. *drop mic* He’s the before-the-buzz-cut-and-eye-patch Thor in tight yellow pants. Don’t get me wrong, Thor was beautiful after the eye-and-hair-snatching—I need to make that clear. Still, Claaaay. Long, beautiful hair. Golden beard. That face with its whole Vikings-in-long ships-off-to-pillage thing going on. That big, powerful body. And thighs. Check out this guy’s thighs. Two more words: Cracking walnuts.
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots. You know, at first, I wasn’t going to include Tom Brady. Not because he isn’t gorgeous. Because the man clearly is. Like, take in those cheekbones, eyes and jaw. And let’s just pause for the cause and marinate on the Superman cleft chin. And even though I am football non grada, I would have to live on Plant What’s Wrong with You Girl not to know how great he is! So why wasn’t I originally going to include him? Because he’s expected! Like, eeeee’rybody knows how fine the man is! But what sealed it was when I called The Rev aka my father, and told him about the post, and his first words were, “You got Tom, right?” Like, how can I NOT include him if my own father considers the man good-looking??
Get Scoring Off the Field by Naima Simone for 99¢
Tennyson Clark is getting a life. First step: quitting her job as assistant to Dominic Anderson, star quarterback for the Washington Warriors, her best friend … and the man she’s been secretly in love with for years. But since the gorgeous, if overprotective playboy has only ever seen her as his BFF, she’s finally ready to relinquish her tattered fantasy and move on. Enter steps two and three: new job and new man.
Football is Dominic’s life, and with his contract soon up for renewal, all his focus needs to be on the game. But Tennyson—dependable, logical Tennyson— is making that next to impossible with her mysterious new job and her sudden interest in online dating. He doesn’t do relationships. But the thought of another man touching her sexier-than-hell curves has him suddenly wanting more from his best friend.
Indulging in hot, dirty, what’s-my-name sex with no strings and lots of benefits is simple, uncomplicated…until it’s not.
USA Today bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey and Linda Howard many years ago. Though her first attempt at writing a romance novel at age 11 never saw the light of day, her love of romance and writing has endured. Now, she spends her time creating stories of unique men and women who experience the dizzying heights of passion and the tender heat of love. She is wife to Superman—or his non-Kryptonian, less bullet proof equivalent—and mother to the most awesome kids ever. They all live in perfect, domestically-challenged bliss in the southern United States.