Can you believe it’s already March?! We can’t, but we’re also overjoyed as our editors at Entangled Publishing are looking for the next breakout hit. Could that be your book? Make sure to read until the end as we have some special calls as well. Each month, we have a new wish list from our editors. Watch for them as they’ll change monthly. Let’s discover each other today!
All submissions can be sent through our Submittable system. The link can be found here: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/submission-information/
Alethea Spiridon, Senior Editor
- I’m looking for stories for Bliss, Lovestruck, Indulgence and historical romances that have irresistible heroes and heroines that are relatable. The chemistry should be off the charts and the conflict strong, clear, and has me wondering how on earth are these two kids going to get together.
Alycia Tornetta, Editorial Director
- Friends to lovers with a fun, high-concept hook
- Falling for the boss
- Romantic comedy take on the revenge trope
- Military and police heroes
- Small town romance with a quirky town.
- Alpha heroes who go head-to-head with the heroines they fall for
- Small town romance featuring bad boy hero
- Foreign heroes (yay accents and kilts/etc)
- Historical romance feat accidentally being compromised or reformed rake
Candace Havens, Editorial Director of Embrace and Amara
- Embrace: We’re looking for high-concept stories that feature a great romance with college or just out of college heroes and heroines. We love heroes with accents, preferably, British, Irish or Scottish, and we like them Alpha. American heroes are great, just so you know. But no whiny heroes. Study abroad stories, intern first job stories, it’s actually wide open to those first experiences of adulthood. We need contemporary and paranormal stories that have a great twist and are relatable.
- Amara: We’re looking for unforgettable romances with big, high-concept, compelling stories, with strong heroes and heroines who can go toe-to-toe with them. Contemporary: Office romance, military romance, small town with a twist, big city “Friends” kind of stories. Think Jill Shalvis, Kristin Higgins and Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Paranormal: Vamps, werewolves, cyborgs (with mostly human parts), lots of great world building with a strong romantic arc. If you’re a budding Gena Showalter or Kresley Cole, we should chat. Historical: We want these historicals to read like contemporary romances with a great pace, snappy dialogue and characters we’ll never forget. Lorraine Heath is a good example of that kind of writing. We’re looking for Scottish Highlanders, Regency, Victorian and Vikings. Suspense: Bring us your thrillers with a strong romantic arc.
Heather Howland, Creative Director of Teen and Senior Editor
- I’m looking for erotic romance authors to participate in a special project! Send me links to your published erotic romance stories, as well as a sample of the best sex scene you’ve written and a list of kinks you like/don’t like to write. You can reach me at heather (at) entangledpupblishing (dot) com.
- I’m on the hunt for a high-concept bad boy YA romance for Crush and/or Teen Print. My list is full of nice guys and sweet romance, and it’s time to go bad…
- I want to acquire a super steamy single-title contemporary series featuring unapologetic asshole heroes whose attitudes are a smokescreen for the kind of redeemable heart only the heroine can draw out of him. I want the heroines in this series to be relatable, everyday girls who have a mind of their own and a mindset that they can make the world a better place, no matter how small their contribution. Depending on the characters’ ages, this could go Amara (adult) or Embrace (new adult).
- I’d love a swoony YA where an American heroine is a foreign exchange student abroad and falls for a local. Maybe even the son of her exchange family. I’m craving a little heat and, again, a bit of a bad boy. Bring the international flavor and romantic complications!
- Send me your M/F/M or M/M/F ménage for our Scorched imprint. The books must have a HEA and a satisfying romance. I’m open to contemporary or paranormal.
- PLEASE NOTE: At this time, I’m not interested in celebrities, politicians, chefs/caterers/bakers/foodies, makeover books, second-chance romance, reliving the same day(s), time travel, aliens, fire fighters, or dragon shifters.
- Send your submissions to my attention via https://entangledpublishing.submittable.com/submit/. Looking forward to the reads!
Heidi Shoham, Editorial Director of August
I’m looking for:
- Category romances with characters aged 35 to 45. These need to be layered, emotional stories with likable and relatable heroines, hot heroes, authentic dialogue, and strong and believable conflict.
- Wealthy, alpha Indulgence heroes intent on sweeping likable heroines of their feet.
- Cute small-town romances with a rich Hallmark’esque quality.
- Sassy and sexy romances that’ll make me laugh out loud and swoon all at once.
- Hot, erotic romances that push the boundaries and make me blush (it’ll take a lot 😉 ).
- Cowboys, cowboys, cowboys.
- Men in uniform/veterans/first responders.
- Angsty heroes with a snarky sense of humor (a la Dean Winchester).
- High concept plots that can sell a story in one sentence!
If you have anything that hits these marks, submit your manuscript via Submittable to my attention. Anyone with questions can email me at heidishoham (at) entangledpublishing (dot) com or find me on social media.
Kate Brauning, Senior Editor
- Contemporary adult romance featuring firefighters, search and rescue teams, swift water rescue, paramedics, and other emergency rescue teams. Bonus points for rivalries and team competitions!
- Historical romance set in areas beyond England or the U.S., especially featuring women who have trades/careers.
- Workplace investigation/fraud/hacking adult romance! Especially from an author who’s been there. I love insider detail and everyday heroes.
- YA that gets out of the school and into work settings—internships, emergency responder training, summers working dangerous jobs.
- F/F YA contemporary with a deep, high-tension romance and physical stakes. Give me a book girlfriend. #ownvoices M/M in a similar vein—I want something deep and heartfelt and urgent, like Ian & Mickey from Shameless.
- Beyond genre, I always want big stories about fascinating people, emotional depth with a lot of human insight, and vibrant, personality-filled voice that shows a mind at work.
Lydia Sharp, Editor
- YA sci-fi romance with a high-concept hook. Open to anything for this as long as it feels like a new take. Surprise me.
- Sweet category/series romance for the Bliss line; small-town setting that feels fresh; “everyday” characters that work in interesting fields and have engaging personalities; tropes I love: enemies to lovers, fish out of water, friends to lovers, baby on the doorstep or unexpected pregnancy, mistaken or secret identity, opposites attract, fake relationship or engagement, workplace romance, nanny, rivalry/competition, family feud. Open to other tropes but NOT looking for second-chance romance or widow/divorce stories at this time.
Tera Cuskaden, Editorial Director for Scorched
- High concept plots I can sell in one sentence.
- Think stepdads, preachers, step-siblings, a parent’s best friend, an old teacher from high school (though the younger character cannot still be in high school), etc. Use your imagination!
- I’m looking for romance with great romantic tension between alpha males and strong, relatable heroines. I’d also love to see alpha subs!
- I’m particularly interested in menage/multiples, relatable heroines, alpha men, LGBTQ, diversity, and royalty. I want super hot stories that while at an erotic heat level with the sexual interaction occurring within the first chapter or two also heavily focus on the romance. All stories must contain an HEA or HFN. I’m open to 1st and 3rd person, and I prefer dual POVs, though I’m not closed to single POVs. I’m also looking at all subgenres for Scorched, not just contemporary romance, though I love contemporary! I’m a fan of Megan Hart, Maya Banks, Lorelei James, Tiffany Reisz, Sylvia Day, Madison Faye, Jenika Snow, Penny Wylder, and Alexa Riley.
- Menage paranormal and sci-fi romance. Think breeders, fated mates and/or a woman bonded to multiple men.
- Tropes I love: Best friend’s sibling, class warfare, enemies to lovers, fake engagement/relationship, fish out of water, fling, forbidden love, friends to lovers, opposites attract, redemption, protector, return to hometown, revenge, sibling’s ex-spouse, stranded, royalty.
For All Other Entangled Imprints
- High concept plots that will sell in one sentence.
- I’d love to see romances with single dads.
- Romantic suspense/thrillers. I’d love to see stories with a more psychological basis.
- Sexy contemporaries featuring everyday, relatable heroines (think teacher, nurse, veterinarian, etc.), and above-average heroes (though they don’t have to be billionaires, unless you’re targeting Indulgence).
- Manuscripts targeted toward the Indulgence imprint (Here’s where those billionaires come into play!)
- Men in uniform or veterans.
- Sports stories.
- Women on vacation and/or stories taking place in exotic locales.
- I’m looking for paranormal romance with great romantic tension between alpha males and strong, relatable heroines. I’m open to all genres and themes, though I am specifically looking for shifters (big cats and bears in particular), vampires, and science fiction/fantasy with crossover elements, such as shifters and/or vampires.
- Contemporary-based sci-fi. Think DNA-enhanced soldiers, super soldiers, medical issues, military, artificial intelligence, hackers and international espionage, and Outbreak.
- I would love to see sci-fi stories in the style of 12 Monkeys, Firefly, and Star Wars.
- Tropes I love: Best friend’s sibling, class warfare, enemies to lovers, fake engagement/relationship, fish out of water, fling, forbidden love, friends to lovers, military, opposites attract, redemption, protector, return to hometown, revenge, sibling’s ex-spouse, stranded, royalty.
Tracy Montoya, Senior Editor
I’m looking for trope-driven contemporary romance with big emotion and lots of conflict—humor is a plus. I’m especially looking for books to fit Lovestruck, Indulgence, Brazen/Scorched, Embrace, August, and our YA lines. Also:
- I love, love, love enemies-to-lovers stories. Throw in forced proximity, and I’m hooked.
- I also really like forbidden love, identity swap or double identity, military, opposites attract.
- Got an island romance—deserted or otherwise? I’d love to see it!
- I’d love a campus, med school, or FBI academy story.
- I’d love to acquire more sci-fi romance. The key is making sure the romance is at the center of the story.
- I prefer romance in the city or exotic locales over small-town romance.
- For historicals, I prefer Regency, Victorian, and Highlander romance. I enjoy historicals that also have a touch of suspense or magical realism.
- I like sports romances.
- I’m always open to multicultural characters and authors of color.
Wendy Chen, Editor
I would love to find a fresh new Bliss or Indulgence voice, with a pet-loving heroine and/or non-American hero, and high emotional tension and conflict. Put your unique spin on my favorite tropes—enemies to lovers, surprise baby, relationship of convenience—and you’ll have me hooked!
Leave a Reply