My husband and I like to scroll through the realtor sites and pick out options for if we ever win the lotto. He tends to focus on acreage. Me? He knows I only need one thing to be happy. A library. I can make any other house or location work – if it has a library, I am one happy girl!
So, when it came time to write this book, I just had to write a heroine who literally married a guy for his library. I mean…there were other very pressing reasons, of course. But, yeah, library love was her big payoff LOL Well, and helping her family and falling in love and all that fun stuff too but you guys just don’t understand how incredible this library is LOL
There are a few more reasons I think you’ll love this book though. Here are five of the reasons I love this book and think you will too!
- Okay, this isn’t a surprise considering how this posted started out. It’s basically if Belle married a nicer version of Gaston but got to keep the beast’s castle. Well…maybe more like if she married a rich version of Flynn Rider from Tangled. He’s all snark and fun and she’s so not, BUT THE LIBRARY Y’ALL. *happy sigh*
- Their opposites clashing (see #1). He avoids responsibility like the plague and she’s responsibility personified. But they rub off on each other splendidly 😉
- Bub! Our delightful duke has a devilish little furball he named Beelzebub – Bub for short. He loves to lounge on bookshelves and wreak havoc. I LOVE HIM.
- The fashions! I doubt the amazing gowns of the Victorian era were comfortable but holy MOLY they are incredibly gorgeous. I love trolling through pictures for inspiration when writing this era.
- Arabella and Silas. It really just comes down to the two of them. They are delightful squaring off against each other. And even more delightful when they come together 😉 (Also, the library. Did I say that yet?)
Bookish Arabella Bromley never gave a fig for society’s rules—until her sister ran off with a man below her station. Now Arabella is desperate to restore her family’s ruined reputation to favor amongst the ton. She’ll have to marry quickly and well. But in order to carry off her plan, Arabella needs a duke… and she has just the rakish fellow in mind.
The Duke of Whittsley has an ungentlemanly tendency to disregard the rules. Unfortunately, a sense of mischief doesn’t excuse a high-ranking noble from family duty—especially where it concerns producing a son. And that’s where he can’t quite resist Arabella’s distinctly outrageous plan: if he saves her family, she’ll give him an heir.
Now the deal’s been struck. They have one year to achieve their goals and ten iron-clad rules to keep them on track. Like long, scorching kisses and ensuring they’re both exquisitely satisfied. And the only thing that could ruin their plan is the one thing they never planned on: love.
Michelle McLean is a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl who is addicted to chocolate and goldfish crackers and spent most of her formative years with her nose in a book. She has a B.S. in History, a M.A. in English, and loves her romance with a touch of suspenseful mystery. She resides in PA with her husband and two amazing children.