I was stationed in Hawaii for three years while serving in the US Army. Here are a few things I try to pass on to friends and family traveling there.
- You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten a Shaved Ice WITH azuki beans and ice cream from Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa.
- The best time and place to check out the Honolulu skyline is on Tantalus Ave after dark.
- When you go to watch a movie (at least in the 1990’s), you’re shown a beautiful Hula Trailer before every movie. Here is the Movie Trailer for your enjoyment.
- To preserve the bird population, Hawaii decided to bring in mongooses to get rid of the snakes. Until recently, the only snakes on the island were accidentally brought over as stowaways from other parts of the world. They do have plenty of scorpions, wild boars, geckos, and centipedes.
- Spam Sushi is very popular and can be found at most restaurants, along with 2 scoops of sticky rice.
Pick up A Mistress for Penndrake by Tammy L. Bailey for just 99¢!
The Marquess of Wesley is out for blood. For a year, Lord Wesley has tried to undo the devastation his father left to Penndrake, their ancestral home, only to discover the man gambled it away right before his death. Now Wesley is being blackmailed by the new owner into marrying a woman he’s never met in order to get it back. But his intentions are less than honorable…
At one and twenty, Miss Kate Holden intends to become a governess, having sworn off all men years ago. However, her plans are halted when she receives a daunting letter from her cousin about a Lord Wesley. Ignorant of the name, and the devilish marquess that wears it all too well, she nearly ends up compromised. Refusing to fall prey to Wesley’s skillful seduction, Kate decides to turn things around on the rake. But the high-stakes game between them soon leads to her losing the last thing she expected…her heart.
Tammy began writing when the shows and movies she watched didn’t end the way she wanted them to end. Whether it’s historical or contemporary, for her, there must always be a happy ending. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with her husband and two boys near Cleveland, Ohio. Without their sacrifice and understanding, she believes she would have never been able to pursue her passion for writing or her accomplishment of becoming a published author.
Leave a Reply