Meet Angelle Prejean, heroine from Seven Day Fiancé. Former Cracklin Queen from the heart of Cajun country, Angelle is a bit of a klutz, a major romantic, and a woman in one heck of a pickle. When she’s not trying to find a way out of said pickle, she enjoys riding horses, volunteering at the fire station, and throwing on her favorite flannel pajamas and watching a movie. While the Hallmark channel is a particular favorite—especially around the holidays—there’s a few DVDs that she always keeps on stand-by…
Angelle Prejean’s Top 5 Favorite Movies EVER
- Sweet Home Alabama An adorable classic filled with laughter and romance, not to mention two deliciously attractive men. So much of Melanie Carmichael’s story reminds Angelle of her own, too. From the feel of the town and its people, to the pickle of a situation she finds herself in, this one hits close to home. Because of those similarities—or maybe despite them (he he)—this is a southern movie done well.
- The Proposal Another love story that reminds her of her own…like, a lot. But looking past the crazy parallels, this movie is just straight up FUN. Chanting with Betty White in the woods, rapping to Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock, the impromptu (and unforgettable) bachelorette party, and Ryan Reynolds yummy six-pack abs, this entire movie just makes you smile. And sigh over those abs.
- Steel Magnolias What good southern woman, especially one from Louisiana, doesn’t have this movie at the top of her list? A beautiful movie of friendship and family that makes you laugh and cry and then laugh some more, it’s an authentic representation of the Louisiana life. That and it’s flipping fabulous.
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Essential post-breakup or whenever you’re feeling blue, this movie also makes you cry and laugh, while reminding you of what’s truly important. Each girl’s story is unique and beautifully told, and it makes you believe in the healing magic of friendship. Friendship and a fantastic pair of jeans!
- Hope Floats Sandra Bullock seems to be a recurring theme on Angie’s list… Anyhoo, this movie also stars New Orleans native Harry Connick, Jr. It’s a beautiful tearjerker about returning home, rediscovering yourself, and finding true love. Grabs a few extra tissues for this one and prepare to swoon.
There you have it, Angelle’s Prejean’s Top Five Favorite Movies EVER. Did any of your favorites make her list??
Get to know Angelle in Seven Day Fiancé by Rachel Harris, on sale for just 99¢!
Angelle Prejean is in a pickle. Her family is expecting her to come home with a fiancé—a fiancé who doesn’t exist. Well, he exists, but he definitely has no idea Angelle told her mama they were engaged. Tattooed, muscled, and hotter than sin, Cane can reduce Angelle to a hot mess with one look—and leave her heart a mess if she falls for him. But when she ends up winning Cane at a charity bachelor auction, she knows just how to solve her fiancé problem.
Cane Robicheaux is no one’s prince. He doesn’t do relationships and he doesn’t fall in love. When sweet, sultry-voiced Angelle propositions him, he hopes their little game can finally get her out of his head. He doesn’t expect her to break through all his barriers. But even as Angelle burrows deeper into his heart, he knows once their seven days are up, so is their ruse.
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Rachel Harris writes humorous love stories about sassy girls-next-door and the hot guys that make them swoon. Vibrant settings, witty banter, and strong relationships are a staple in each of her books…and kissing. Lots of kissing. An admitted bookaholic and homeschool mom, she gets through each day by laughing at herself, hugging her kids, and watching way too much Food Network with her husband. She writes young adult, new adult, and adult romances, and LOVES talking with readers!