Here at Entangled, we like to read.
(Bet you would never have guessed that.)
So we also love quick-n-easy recipes that free up more time for us to indulge in our favorite past time.
Each week we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes to help you find a few extra minutes in your day to enjoy your next favorite book!
This week a special guest:
Cheesy Beef Enchiladas with Diane Alberts!
Who tried it: Diane Alberts, author of Catching the Player
Why she likes it: These are literally the most delicious homemade enchiladas I have ever tasted. Perfect amount of spice and cheese to make your mouth water. Trust me, you have to give it a try! You won’t regret it!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 cans red Enchilada sauce
- Sliced jalapeños, for garnish
- Sour cream, for serving
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until starting to brown. Add in chopped onion, jalapeño, garlic, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cumin and cook until tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in black beans and set aside.
- Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- To prepare enchiladas, dip tortillas, one at a time, in enchilada sauce, place on a plate and fill with some of the meat mixture followed by a sprinkling of cheese. Roll tortilla, placing seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cover with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and bubbly. Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream, extra jalapeños for kick, avocado, and a sprinkling of cilantro.
With all that extra time not spent in the kitchen, what’s Diane currently reading?
I’m currently reading an old favorite of mine, Highland Velvet by Jude Deveraux. I love revisiting my Montgomery boys every once in a while!
Be sure to pre-order Catching the Player for just 99¢!
Kassidy Thomas decided to stop hiding behind her past, and start living, but she didn’t quite bet on that start including her singing a horrible song in front of the handsomest bachelor in the NFL, Wyatt Hamilton. She also doesn’t think he’d then consequently ask her out on a date, but turns out when you’re actually living life…crazy things happen.
He needs to win…
Wyatt Hamilton is a player in every sense of the word. Married to the game, he has no interest in relationships, love, or even second nights with the same woman. But from the second the girl-next-door beauty Kassidy knocks on his door to deliver a singing telegram, nothing goes as planned. He can’t stop thinking about her, and keeps showing up on her doorstep for more. That is, until the unthinkable happens…
And all bets are off.
Each book in the Hamilton Family series is STANDALONE.
* The CEO’s Seduction
* Romancing the Bachelor
* Catching the Player
Diane Alberts is a multi-published, bestselling contemporary romance author with Entangled Publishing. She also writes New York Times and USA Today bestselling new adult books under the name Jen McLaughlin. She’s hit the Top 100 lists on Amazon and Barnes and Noble numerous times with numerous titles. Diane is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency. Her goal is to write so many fantastic stories that even a non-romance reader will know her name. Diane has always been a dreamer with a vivid imagination, but it wasn’t until 2011 that she put her pen where her brain was, and became a published author. Since receiving her first contract offer, she has yet to stop writing. Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal clear water. She lives in Northeast Pennsylvania with her four kids, a husband, a schnauzer mutt, and four cats.