1. When you start your writing day.
2. When the words won’t come but you keep tapping away.
3. When the words still won’t come and the deadline draws closer.
4. When the words insist on going AWOL and your editor keeps asking where the manuscript is.
5. When you finally find the words.
6. When you realised the words are actually not too bad.
7. When you realise your not-too-bad words don’t work with any of the previous words.
8. When your Australian character has a conversation with an American character.
9. When your hero instigates the dreaded ‘black moment.’
10. When you finally type The End 30 seconds before deadline.
11. When your editor tells you she loves the book.
12. When you need to get on social media to promote your new release.
13. When a reader tells you they loved your book.
Check out Lexxie Couper‘s new release, The Mistaken Billionaire, out now!
Thomas St Clair is used to getting exactly what he wants, when he wants it. So when a mysterious woman shows up at his door with his runaway dog and her presence drives away his writer’s block, he’s willing to put up with her secrets if it means she’ll stay around.
Mila Elderkin once had a promising career in journalism, until her dreams were shattered by a rising star in the literary world. When fate lands her at that same man’s door years later, and he doesn’t recognize her, it seems she’s been offered a chance for a little fun. Mila’s not out for revenge, especially not once she starts to see the man beneath the persona. But the past has funny way of creeping into the present, and secrets don’t lie quiet forever.
Lexxie Couper started writing when she was six and hasn’t stopped since. She’s not a deviant, but she does have a deviant’s imagination and a desire to entertain readers with her words. Add the two together and you get erotic romances that can make you laugh, cry, shake with fear or tremble with desire. Sometimes all at once. When she’s not submerged in the worlds she creates, Lexxie’s life revolves around her family, a husband who thinks she’s insane, a indoor cat who likes to stalk shadows, and her daughters, who both utterly captured her heart and changed her life forever. Having no idea how old she really is, Lexxie decided to go with 27 and has been that age for quite some time now. It’s the best of both worlds – old enough to act mature, young enough to be silly. Lexxie lives by two simple rules – measure your success not by how much money you have, but by how often you laugh, and always try everything at least once. As a consequence, she’s laughed her way through many an eyebrow raising adventure.