Hello everyone! I’m Heather McCollum, and I love all things Scottish, especially brawny, alpha-male Highlanders. In celebration of my newest Highland Isles release, here are the top five make-my-knees-weak, favorite things about these Scotland-born warriors.
Top 5 Things I Love in my Highlander
- Those lovely indents from his hips that lead down under his kilt (like those on Caden Macbain in CAPTURED HEART) No, I can’t see them with his shirt on, so that will have to go! What is it about a man in a wrapped plaid that makes him stand out in such a yummy way?
- Piercing stares that set my heart pounding, like I’m about to be stalked and devoured (I hope!). If the eyes mirror the longings of the soul, I’m in for a bloody fantastic time!
- The roll of his brogue when he calls my name (or groans it!). It sounds like water tumbling over boulders in a fresh Highland stream.
- His delicious scent of pine, leather, and fresh clean man (okay – this one is fiction, you know that, right?).
- His strong arms, particularly his rock-hard biceps from lifting a massive sword, like the one on the cover of THE ROGUE OF ISLAY ISLE. I have to admit, I’m an arm girl. I like them thick, sculpted with muscle, and ready to trap me against the castle wall with a bicep flanking each side of my head, his hard body pressing into mine as he leans in to steal a kiss that curls my wee toes. Sigh…
God’s teeth (fans self)! Have I mentioned that I have a Highlander of my very own? Here he is in his McCollum tartan. He wears it to my book signings and any of my ovarian cancer awareness events. I’m a very lucky lass ; )
Fall in love with Cullen Duffie in Heather’s new release,
Cullen Duffie, a Highland warrior and charming rogue, is the new chief of Clan MacDonald. Determined to prove he’s not his father, Cullen works to secure his clan against the English. When a woman washes onto Islay’s shores, Cullen protects her from his uncles’ schemes.
Waking up not knowing who she is or where she comes from, Madeleine is at the mercy of the man who found her. Unable to speak from the swelling around her throat from a rope tether, she learns as much as she can about the new world around her and the powerful, sword-wielding Highlander who has sworn to protect her.
Through dreams and flashes of her past, Madeleine begins to rebuild her memories. But the more she recalls about the horror she escaped, the more she realizes the jeopardy she is bringing to Islay, Clan MacDonald and the Highlander who has captured her heart.
Heather McCollum is an award winning, historical paranormal and YA romance writer. She earned her B.A. in Biology, much to her English professor’s dismay. She is a member of Romance Writers of America and the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood of 2009 Golden Heart finalists. The ancient magic and lush beauty of Great Britain entrances Ms. McCollum’s heart and imagination every time she visits. The country’s history and landscape have been a backdrop for her writing ever since her first journey across the pond. When she is not creating vibrant characters & magical adventures on the page, she is roaring her own battle cry in the war against ovarian cancer. Ms. McCollum recently slayed the cancer beast and resides with her very own Highland hero, rescued golden retriever & 3 kids in the wilds of suburbia on the mid-Atlantic coast.