Tempting love can be fatal—even for the most dangerous vampire in Savannah—in New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Alyssa Day’s tantalizingly sexy romance… Available on February 12, 2024. Find out where to pre-order your copy here.
The Top 10 Vampires in Fiction: Readers Weigh In!
- Alyssa Day, New York Times bestselling author
Welcome, fellow vampire lovers! In honor of my upcoming release, REDEMPTION’S EDGE, the explosive conclusion to my Vampire Motorcycle Club trilogy, I polled my reader group, the Daydreamers (you can join the fun at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DayDreamersAlyssaDay) to ask them about their fave bloodsuckers of film, TV, and novel lore! (Okay, they’re my reader group, so they may be a bit biased, but I’m going with it!)
From classic Gothic origin tales to modern-day spooky stories, this list is sure to leave you wanting to re-read old faves and thirsting for new bite-worthy adventures. In no particular order, I give you:
- Dracula (Bram Stoker’s Dracula): We have to kick off our list with the OG of blood suckers, the aristocratic count Dracula himself. With his enigmatic charm, hypnotic gaze, and supernatural abilities, Dracula set the standard for vampires. One look into his eyes, and you’d definitely want to invite him in.
- Lestat de Lioncourt (The Vampire Chronicles, Anne Rice): Lestat is a Rockstar, both in reality and of the vampire world. He’s dramatic, theatrical, decadent, and charismatic. No one can resist him, and he plays a mean guitar.
- Edward Cullen (Twilight, Stephenie Meyer): Twilight launched the teenage vampire craze. When Edward walked into that field and started sparkling, glitter-obsessed girls around the world let loose a collective oooooohh.
- Hudson (The Crave series, Tracy Wolff): If morally gray is your favorite, then you will fall head over heels in love with Hudson. Misunderstood, broody, and willing to do whatever it takes to keep those he loves safe, Hudson is a book boyfriend you’ll be thinking about long after you finish the series.
- Selene (Underworld): Everyone loves the most kickass of female vampires, Selene. Meara in REDEMPTION’S EDGE is a lot like Selene: I described Meara as a martial arts expert crossed with a prima ballerina—deadly grace wrapped up in a beautiful package. When Selene fell in love, the vulnerability in such a deadly fighter made us swoon!
- Daniel (Vampire in Atlantis, Alyssa Day): I told you my readers were biased, lol! Daniel is the most star-crossed of lovers … he waited eleven thousand years for his Atlantean princess to be freed from her crystal prison. Nothing is sexier than the unswerving loyalty of an alpha male.
- Count von Count (Sesame Street): Yes!! Of course, we had to include the lovable count. How many of us learned our numbers from watching him on TV? He’s unique and funny and yet unmistakably vampire. And now we have three, THREE vampires to go, ah, ah ah!
- Eric Northman (The Southern Vampire Mysteries, Charlaine Harris): He was bad, dangerous, and totally immoral, but wow, was he hot. Pure swagger combined with deadly arrogance made for an irresistible combination.
- Blade (Blade series): Half vampire, half human, and all badass. He’s a vigilante with a heart, plus he’s funny — an unbeatable mix!
- Meara and Edge (Redemption’s Edge, Alyssa Day): Okay, I have to agree with my readers here (yes, I’m totally biased!). And I’d add in Bane, Hunter, and Luke from the other two books in the Vampire Motorcycle Club trilogy. Meara, Edge, and the gang are deadly fighters whose mission is to protect the humans in Savannah, but they find time for family, love, and even pets. (Bram Stoker the wolfhound! What could be better?) They navigate love, danger, and the challenges of working with other supernaturals—vampire/werewolf volleyball game, anyone? —with flair and passion.
There you have it! The Top 10 Vampires from my (admittedly biased) reader group! From the classic to the quirky, the brooding to the counting! Whether you want your vampires to be deadly serious, laugh-out-loud funny, or somewhere in between, there’s someone for you to love on this list. So, avoid the garlic, but keep a sharpened stake handy just in case! And gear up for REDEMPTION’S EDGE!
Meara Delacourt loves being underestimated, especially when it comes to her enemies. Few know that the wealthy socialite and philanthropist is a 300-year-old master vampire—or the horror that rains down when her emotions spiral out of control. The consequences are nothing short of devastating. Which is why she can’t risk an attraction to the irritating, arrogant, and unbelievably hot Edge…even if she wanted to. And oh, she does.
Scientist-turned-vamp Edge knows exactly what it’s like to fear emotions. He keeps a tight rein on his, knowing that—thanks to being the subject of a cruel experiment—falling in love is an instant trigger for his death. Fortunately, he can control himself…he has no choice. But the golden, sexy-as-hell Meara is one temptation he can’t find a cure for.
Now they’re forced to fight the pull of their attraction, knowing that every moment of surrender brings them closer to the edge of disaster. But as the Chamber—a sinister organization of ancient warlocks—decides to seize control of Savannah, they’ll have no choice but to fight together, knowing it could spell doom for them all. Especially when the Chamber reveals the one secret that could end it all…
Alyssa Day is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with more than a million books sold, including the Vampire Motorcycle Club, Warriors of Poseidon, and Cardinal Witches paranormal romance series and the Tiger’s Eye Mysteries paranormal mystery series. Throughout her seventeen-year writing career, she has won many awards for her fiction, which include Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA(R) award for outstanding romance fiction and the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award for Best Paranormal Romance Novel of 2012. A former trial lawyer and frequent speaker, Alyssa is also a past president of Romance Writers of America. She currently lives in Florida with her Navy Guy husband, two kids, and any number of rescue dogs.