‘Tis the season for love and indulgence. Whether you are coupled up, happily single, or somewhere in between, here are five things to bring into February to help usher in the season of love.
- Self Care– Hear me out: sometimes self care is more than just an expensive face mask. It’s using your day off to stay home and binge watch the latest and greatest season of Love Island or The Bachelor, laughing and swooning at real people bumbling their way through muddy obstacle courses or staged dates in the name of love. Or maybe it’s creating a 5k training plan and sticking to it, buying a bullet journal, or setting and achieving a small goal. The point? Choose something to do that is just for you and fully lean into it, in the name of (self) love.
- A Fun and Indulgent Romance Novel- Getting lost in a love story gives me unspeakable joy. Simply put, I’m in love with the idea of love, and that’s why I write kissing books. My debut novel TALK FLIRTY TO ME is about two people with a complicated past co-narrating a steamy audiobook. With a boisterous Italian family, brother’s best friend trope, and a whole lot of forced proximity, this book is everything I love wrapped up and tied off with a bow. I hope you’ll give this, or any of the other wonderful romance novels published by Entangled a shot this February. Some other books I love: BREAKING ALL THE RULES by Amy Andrews and BEST MAN WITH BENEFITS by Samanthe Beck.
- Something Savory- In January we aim to improve ourselves. We start new health plans, hit the gym, and work on our mindset heading into a new year. The trick to getting these new mindsets to stick? Rewards! The smallest, simplest treats do wonders to reinforce good behavior. For me, it’s queso. For you, it could be chocolate or something inedible like a fancy pen or book. Pick something that tickles your fancy and treat yourself!
- Sunlight- The daily walk habit I started during the pandemic has given me more joy than any purchase I’ve ever made. There’s something about stepping outside that totally resets my state of mind for the better. If you live somewhere where the weather doesn’t allow February walks, may I suggest a cheap, portable sun lamp to help recreate *that* feeling of steeping in afternoon sunlight?
- Sleep- This one, though self explanatory, is so important. The sun takes a mini-hibernation through winter by setting earlier, so maybe we should take notes! A solid seven hours can do wonders for the mind and body. It may be challenging since partaking in numbers 1 and 2 on this list will keep you up at night (hello, late night marathons), but one early bedtime a week can make all the difference.
Happy February, lovelies!
I’ve got ninety-nine problems and my brother’s snarky, smart-mouthed best friend Sam is tangled up in every last one of them.
I learned a long time ago that when it comes to firefighter Sam O’Shea, absence—and some necessary tactical avoidance—works juuust fine. But the audition of a lifetime just fell into my embarrassingly broke lap, and now I need Sam’s help. He’s the only one who can help me land the job. And if it means kickstarting my voice-acting career, I’m willing to make a deal with the sexy devil.
Of course, it’s not going to be easy. Far from it. For one, we have to actually do the job…together. For another, it’s for an erotic romance. Narrating steamy lines in a tiny studio with a man who lights a fire under your skin might be an occupational hazard. Accidentally inciting a town scandal when your erotic audiobook clips wind up on the radio? That’s a crisis.
And falling for the one guy I promised my brother I wouldn’t touch might be a disaster—and a temptation—I can’t resist.
Romance author Livy Hart has two children, too many Funko Pops, and a husband who’s workin’ on the railroad—literally. She currently resides in Dallas, Texas where she enjoys long walks on the concrete and people-watching at malls so big they have their own zip codes. When she’s not writing, she’s bickering with her KitchenAid stand mixer, road-tripping to her sleepy Florida hometown, or sipping espresso on her Nonna’s porch.
You can follow Livy on twitter, instagram, and check out her website.
Keep an eye out for Livy’s next book, Planes, Trains, and All The Feels releasing May 23, 2023!
Leave a Reply