Top Five Things About Fall
I have to admit I’m a snow bunny at heart—so winter is really my jam—but there are a lot of things I love about fall. My first title for Entangled’s new August Imprint comes out in a couple weeks, and it’s my first romance novel with kids involved. Plus, the heroine of Tempting Her Fake Fiancé adores kids. In fact, the moment she really starts to fall for the hero is because of seeing how he acts with a young fan. I have two of my own children (teenagers) who are seriously my favorite parts of every day. So obviously, any favorite list is likely going to be filled with things that they love, too.
- I love my flip flops all summer (and spring and fall… and yes, even winter sometimes), but I LOVE boot weather. Combat boots, knee high boots, funky cut-out leather-lace boots. I love them all. And I’ve passed this love down to Mini-me. I still have to get her favorite boots repaired (my old Polish dance boots imported from Poland. They survived a decade of dance, but one year with her and the soles are coming off. She is definitely my kid.), but in the meantime, we get to be twinsies as we both own the same style of black combat boots. She’s just cuter about hers than I am.
- Cider! I love apple cider. Hot, cold, alcoholic or not. (Weirdly though, I only like the alcoholic kind from the tap. It tastes weird out of a bottle.) Add some doughnuts to the mix and I’m practically swooning. My biggest regret from this year is that the kids and I haven’t had time to go to a local apple orchard for silliness and cider. We MIGHT still have time, so I’m keeping things crossed.
- New TV shows. I have a son who wants to go into film (in some way—we’re still in a bit of disagreement over how it’ll likely happen), so we watch a lot of movies and TV. At least we do when we have time. But fall is always like a giant surprise. What will be the big awesome surprise? What will be the disappointment? What kind of crazy thing will he teach me about filming techniques while we watch?
- Snuggle weather. I will admit, I’m not a big snuggler. I tend toward overheating at the best of times, but as the weather first starts turning colder, I find myself drawn to snuggling. The kids. The cats. The dog. I’m an equal opportunity snuggler this time of year. At least until a hot flash hits or my back goes out.
- Last but absolutely not least is HALLOWEEN! It’s my absolute favorite holiday. I used to be the mom who made homemade costumes every year (and I was actually pretty good at it, if I do say so myself). But as time’s gone on, that’s gotten a lot less common. This year, however, I got to make accessories for Mini-me! She and a group of friends are going trick-or-treating as Quidditch players and by the time we thought about her broom it was very difficult to FIND a teen-sized broom. So, I made one. And a golden snitch too, since she’s going as the Slytherin seeker. She’s going out with her friends, but my son is keeping me company to pass out candy, which is the best gift ever. Now, I hate to cut this short, but we have pumpkins that need carving.
Get Tempting Her Fake Fiancé by Julie Particka for just 99¢!
Stasia Grant needs a hero. Specifically, one who will help get back at her jerk of an ex-husband who left her, very publicly, for another woman. Now she has to grapple with a broken heart and seeing her cheating ex out with the other woman, all while in Vegas for the biggest interview of her career with Evan Stone.
Evan Stone, action star, playboy, and sexy-as-all-get-out, has spent most of his life playing a superhero. Why not put some of that experience to use to help an intriguing journalist? A little pretend romance could help her get revenge and help him balance out his bad boy reputation.
Their fake flirting turns into sizzling chemistry and the risk that they’ll fall for their own con gets very real.
Julie Particka was told to get serious about her future in Junior High. Several years after getting a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, she realized being serious was over-rated and went back to her first love–writing. Now rather than spending her days in the drudgery of the lab or teaching science to high school students, she disappears into worlds of her own creation where monsters sometimes roam, but true love still conquers all. She can most often be located in the Detroit area with her favorite minions (the ones who know her as Mom) where she is currently hatching a plot for world domination. It involves cookies for everyone, so she’s pretty sure there’s no way it can fail…except the minions keep eating the cookies.