Here at Entangled, we like to read.
(Bet you would never have guessed that.)
So we also love quick-n-easy recipes that free up more time for us to indulge in our favorite past time.
Each week we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes to help you find a few extra minutes in your day to enjoy your next favorite book!
This week: Chicken and Zucchini Enchiladas (from delish.com)
Who tried it: Debbie Suzuki, Publicist
Why she likes it: This recipe is simple to make, and delicious. Even the kids love it. So it’s a win-win if you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, and you have picky eaters.
- 1 jar mild green salsa
- 2 c. cilantro (including stems)
- ½ c. lowfat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt
- ½ small rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz. Muenster cheese
- 8 small yellow corn tortillas
- Chopped white onion
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, purée the salsa and cilantro until smooth. Add the sour cream and pulse to combine. Spread 1 cup of the salsa mixture in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Transfer the remaining mixture to a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add the zucchini and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Stir in the coriander, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon salt; remove from heat. Add the chicken and 3/4 cup Muenster cheese and mix to combine.
- Wrap the tortillas in a double layer of damp paper towels; microwave on high until soft, about 1 minute (be careful of the steam when removing). Working with one tortilla at a time, dip in the reserved salsa mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on a cutting board, top with 1/2 cup of the filling, roll up, and place, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spoon any remaining salsa mixture on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake until the cheese begins to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with chopped onion and cilantro, if desired.
With all that extra time not spent in the kitchen, what’s Debbie currently reading?
I’m currently reading Halfway There by Susan Mallery. I love anything by Susan Mallery and Fools Gold is one of my all time favorite romance series. Halfway There is short and sweet, and Ryan Patterson is definitely swoon-worthy. If you haven’t fallen in love with this series yet, I definitely recommend you check it out!