*looks around before talking* I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I sometimes, occasionally listen to Christmas music in March or July or whenever the mood strikes. So when December rolls around, and I can blast Christmas music with no fear of getting “you’re crazy” looks from people, you’d better believe I take immediate advantage and go on a month-long binge.
Here, in no particular order (OK, except for the first song listed) are my favorite Christmas songs. I tried limiting the list to 5 songs, but that lasted about 3 seconds.
- O Holy Night by *NSYNC – my favorite Christmas song without a doubt. It’s such a beautiful song, and I stop and come to attention every time I hear it no matter who’s singing it. The music is beautiful. The lyrics are perfect. I love it. I love it! I love every version, but I especially love *NSYNC’s a cappella version.
- This Christmas by Donny Hathaway – Such a soulful song. How can you not love it?
- Silent Night by The Temptations – I get chills every time I listen to this.
- Winter Dreams by Kelly Clarkson – it’s such a cheery, optimistic song that celebrates the first blush of love. What’s not to adore?
- Santa Claus Is Coming to Town by Jackson 5 – It’s such an exuberant song made even better by a child singing it.
- Sleigh Ride by TLC – It’s so 90s. I love the 90s.
- What favorite Christmas song list would be complete without Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You? (If you’re thinking “mine,” keep that blasphemous thought to yourself, please. :))
I love this song. I’ve loved it for over 20 years. I love that it’s become a standard and has been covered by everyone and their mamas. But no one can sing it quite like Queen Mariah. When I hear that tinkling of music at the beginning of the song and Mariah singing “I….,” I get so excited and immediately reach for the nearest available pen or hairbrush to lip sync into.
P.S. I’m gonna go ahead and say I love Mariah’s entire Christmas CD. Okay, glad I got that off my chest.
There you have it. These are SOME of my favorite Christmas songs.
What are your favorite Christmas/holiday songs or are you friends with Ebenezer Scrooge?
And don’t forget to pick up your copy of Slamdunked by Love by Jamie Wesley today!
About the book:
Revenge is supposed to be sweet…
Caitlin Monroe is ready to confront her past. Years ago, her father ditched her mother for the NBA, leaving her pregnant and alone. Now he’s a big-shot coach, and Caitlin’s ready to take the so-called “family man” down. But on her way to the team gala, her car dies, and it’s her father’s sexy new star player who comes to her rescue.
Brady Hudson wants nothing more than to put his past behind him and concentrate on winning the championship for his new team. But when he finds himself the recipient of unwanted attention—attention that could destroy his career—he introduces the beautiful woman he saved on the side of the road as his “girlfriend.”
Brady needs to focus on his job. And Caitlin isn’t about to date an athlete whose career is riding on her father—though he is a convenient way to get the dirt she needs. But sometimes love has other ideas, and it’s not long before their pretend relationship becomes a liability neither can resist…
Find it online:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play
About Jamie Wesley
Jamie Wesley has been reading romance novels since she was about 12 when her mother left a romance novel, which a friend had given her, on the nightstand. Jamie read it instead, and the rest is history.
She loves sports and spends an inordinate amount of time rooting for her hometown Dallas’s pro sports teams and her alma maters, Northwestern and the University of Texas at Austin.
She also adores Walt Disney World, shopping, and pop culture. Want to know if your favorite TV show is going to be canceled or what the newest Disney attraction is? Ask Jamie. She’ll probably know the answer.
Connect with her at:
Leave a Reply