I began doing Crossfit in June of this year. The Paleo Solution diet is offered as a suggestion for the Crossfit athletes who wish to increase their energy and health. I started doing this over a month ago; basically, I eat meat, vegetables and fruit and avoid grains of any kind, soy, sugar, legumes and dairy. Eggs are fine.
It’s surprisingly easy to do and I’m never hungry. My mood is steadier than ever–no more dips and peaks–which I’m sure those around me appreciate. Also, even though I’d been exercising consistently since February, I still had a ton of weight on my belly. After three weeks of doing Paleo, it finally went away and I could see my stomach muscles for once in my life. I Googled a recipe for dairy-free, grain-free banana bread and tried it, finding the bread to be too dry. Several attempts at adding more coconut flour, more or less bananas, and several other goodies (cacao nibs–yum) later, we have the version you see before you. And it’s goooooooood.
- ¾ cup coconut flour sifted (or 1 cup of almond flour)
- 6 omega 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or almond oil)
- 1&1/2 to 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Cacao nibs to taste
- Raisins to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend wet ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and continue to blend.
- Lightly grease loaf pans, and add batter (allow some room for the bread to rise).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (start checking at 20 minutes.).
- Let cool and serve.
If made with almond flour, it will be a more moist loaf.