The editors at Entangled Publishing are always looking for the next breakout hit. Could that be your book? Each month, we have a new wish list from our editors. Watch for them as they’ll change monthly. Let’s discover each other today! All submissions can be sent through our Submittable system. The link can be found here: https://entangledpublishing.submittable.com/submit
If you’re looking for a specific editor and don’t see their name here, that means they are closed to submissions this month. Check back next month to see if they’ve reopened!
Jessica Turner, Associate Publisher/Editorial Director
- Diverse and marginalized voices are a given, and are an ongoing request in everything I’m looking for, including everything below. Having said that though, I’m looking for a special sapphic contemporary. Fresh concept, and unique stakes.
- Really looking for something A-typical right now. Could be something that bends the romance cannon. Or could be that the plot is a little “out there.” Could be something that found its footing in non-traditional platforms. Open as long as it comes with an engaging voice and a plot I can’t stop reading.
- Looking for strong NA stories. Can be any heat level, though spicy is still Tiktok preferred. But a story that has grit and emotion that you can’t pull away from.Sports romance, with a twist.A really special Spec Fic project for Hardcover format that has bookclub appeal.
- I’m always on the hunt for the next great Paranormal Romance series. My first true loves were series by Kresley Cole, Charlaine Harris, JR Ward, Nalini Singh, Karen Marie Moning, Ilona Andrews, the list goes on. Strong leading female. Large ensemble cast. Set in really big world with high, constantly evolving, stakes book after book.
- Also, looking for something that breaks the mold of “women’s fiction”. The ideal heroine would be in her young 30s. Millennial. Has had a lot of life experiences and relatable. While I’m not looking for a heroine in the midst of a “midlife crisis” their personal growth story holds as much weight as the romance. If the romance were removed, there’s a solid plot to follow. Commercial appeal, and voice.
- Historical romance that borders on genfic. Where the plot around them is so compelling the romance is almost secondary. Collaboration projects available!
Lydia Sharp, Senior Editor
In YA romance, I’m looking for ONE special author to add to my list in contemporary, whose writing and storytelling style can be compared to Colleen Hoover, but with an HEA (or HFN) and meant for an upper teen audience, not adult. Open-door physical intimacy beyond kissing is okay if not too detailed, but not required. No matter the plot, the characters should feel real and the book should feel unputdownable. I want to lose sleep reading your submission!
In YA romance, I’m also looking for fantasy (any kind) with a fresh take on tried-and-true tropes, and a premise that allows for a cinematic-feeling experience. Think BIG. Big cast of characters, big world to explore, big conflict, big emotions, and high stakes. Can be a made-up fantasy world or set on Earth in modern-day, past, or future—anything. It just needs to feel fresh and exciting. And if you can imagine the story being a movie or TV series, that’s a big plus!
In adult romance, I’m looking for laugh-out-loud romcoms that make me giggle and squeal and kick my feet while reading. I want swoon to the nth degree. I want alpha heroes or beta heroes, tough as steel or soft as a cinnamon roll, doesn’t matter, as long as he is the perfect type for the heroine. I want witty banter galore. I want to laugh so hard I can’t breathe. I also want to cry with these characters and feel deeply for them. HIGH CONCEPT is key—it needs to feel like a wild ride I’ve never taken before. Steamy romance only for this, and I want to see fun moments IN the bedroom as well as out!
In EVERYTHING, I’m always open to diversity in its many forms. The more variety, the better!
Jen Bouvier, Editor
I exclusively work on the single-title imprints from YA and up. For me personally, a central romance is required.
In YA crossover/NA, I’m technically open to anything spec, though I’m mostly looking for High Fantasy. I’m really feeling the creepy at the moment, though please no gore or serial killers. Big exciting worlds with a fun aesthetic that you can see translate well into film, epic romance, and a fast pace are key to hook me. I desperately need more F/F and M/M!
New spins on mythology and folklore are a perpetual favorite, but authenticity is a must. Particularly interested in Korean, Turkish, anything from East Africa. I’d love to finally find a Greek mythology retelling by a Greek author!
In Adult, I’m open to fresh Contemporary Romance with an exciting meet cute. Looking for true RomComs here that mix humor with swooning! I also love a good 00s RomCom movie comp. I would love something with a space theme. An astronaut main character could be so cool. I’m generally looking for characters with unique professions you don’t see a lot. STEM always intrigues me!
To submit, please use Submittable following the submission guidelines and ATTN to me. I’m exclusively looking for high-concept stories, so please include your high concept in the query. Also attach a full plot synopsis. Trigger warnings are always very, very appreciated!