The editors at Entangled Publishing are always looking for the next breakout hit. Could that be your book? Each month, we have a new wish list from our editors. Watch for them as they’ll change monthly. Let’s discover each other today! All submissions can be sent through our Submittable system. The link can be found here: https://entangledpublishing.submittable.com/submit
If you’re looking for a specific editor and don’t see their name here, that means they are closed to submissions this month. Check back next month to see if they’ve reopened!
Lydia Sharp, Assistant Publisher
I’m currently seeking a few, select projects in the following genres:
- YA dystopian—must feel like a fresh take we haven’t seen before
- Emotional, tearjerker romance that toes the line with women’s fiction
- Domestic thrillers with a unique, high concept and little to no romance
Jen Bouvier, Editor
– everything authors of color wanna share and everything queer (all genres, always)
– high-concept plots and authentic cultural influences (all genres, always)
– Dark, romantic, sweeping High Fantasy. Big ideas that can turn into big series.
– YA Wiedźmin vibes. Giants and spirits and a big dose of spirituality. Doesn’t need to be Polish specifically.
– Fantasy that feels consistent, complex, and distinct in its cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic influences.
– Still trying to fill the Staubfinger/Roxane-shaped hole in my heart with some YA. 😉
– campy and accessible, well-thought out worldbuilding, and a lot of romance.
– Russell T. Davis-era Doctor Who vibes
– anything space/ship-set and comped to Mass Effect (think more Citadel DLC than military focus) or Another Life
– cinematic dystopia with nuanced social commentary. I’m exclusively looking for very fresh takes, particularly from the minds of authors of color. I would drop everything for a YA Snowpiercer or anything comped to Philipp K. Dick
– emphasis on the scientific. If you got aliens, I want the physiology etc. to seem likely for example. Would love to see takes from astro scientists and biologists. I’ve been saying for a decade that I need someone smarter than me to write me a plausible black hole book. It’s time
In Contemporary RomComs:
– 00s RomCom movie vibes (I really need a feminist Wedding Crashers Romance!!)
– otherwise entirely contemporary worlds with one fabulist element that furthers the romance
– island and wedding settings (not necessarily together)
– rivals or enemies to lovers, grumpy/sunshine, and fake dating
In SFF Romance:
Very selective, but still open to looking at everything real world-adjacent.
Steamy, fun, True Blood vibes. Standalone series preferred.
A fresh and creative world is essential.
Cautiously putting it out there that I’m also open to Adult Sci-Fi now, but it’s gotta be real special. Check my YA SF interests above for reference.
Alexander Te Pohe, Editor
- Stories that are unique with a strong voice
- Tropes: enemies to lovers, only one bed, forced proximity
In Young Adult, New Adult, Adult:
- Speculative fiction:
- Medium or fast paced
- Non-western inspired
- A unique take on vampires
- Soft sci-fi
Books I Like:
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
- Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Morena-Garcia
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas