Happy holidays! All month long meet some of our authors and their best selling books.
Today Mariah Ankenman is sharing her Chocolate Mint Fudge Swirl recipe. Yum!
I think we can all agree that the best part of the holidays is the food and the best food is chocolate! A few years ago I stumbled across a recipe for chocolate mint swirl fudge that is so easy and delicious it’s become a holiday staple in our house. You don’t even need a stove, which means my little ones can help out. Though they usually just end up helping themselves to all the chocolate chips, lol. Here’s what you’ll need:
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons of peppermint extract
Green food coloring
1 8×8 pan
2 microwave safe bowls
Okay got everything you need? Then lets dive into the fudgy fun!
- Line the pan with the parchment paper
- Place the entire bag of milk chocolate chips into one of the microwave safe bowls, add ¾ of the can of condensed milk and the vanilla extract. Microwave for 15 seconds, stir for 30 seconds and repeat until the chocolate is melted entirely. Do not try to microwave it all at once. You will burn the chocolate.
- In the other microwavable bowl add the white chocolate chips, the rest of the condensed milk, and the peppermint extract. Add 4 drops of green food coloring, more if you want a darker green less if you want a lighter green. Repeat the microwave and stirring from above until chocolate is melted.
- Alternately drop spoonfulls of the white chocolate and milk chocolate into the pan with the parchment until all the chocolate is used.
- Gently run a pastry knife or the back of a spoon over the chocolate to swirl the colors together.
- Place in the fridge to harden for about 4 hours. Once hardened remove from pan, cut, and enjoy!
So there you have it. A super simple and delicious chocolate mint swirl fudge recipe you can make for the office, your neighbors, the kids, or—let be honest here—as a special holiday treat all for yourself. Happy holidays everyone!
Be sure to pick up The Best Friend Problem on sale for 99¢ for a limited time only!
Prudence Carlson has been lucky in life. A fulfilling wedding-planning business run with her girlfriends in Colorado, plus the best guy friend ever in her firefighter bestie Finn. All that’s missing from it is a baby. Luckily, it’s the twenty-first century—Pru can take matters into her own hands. She doesn’t need to find true love to create the future love of her life.
Except all this talk of babies and insemination and…Pru and Finn cross a line they never expected to. Sure, one night of passion won’t change their close friendship. Until Pru goes in for a fertility check-up to find… she’s already pregnant.
As best friends, Pru and Finn have survived college, new jobs, and bad breakups, but can they survive crib shopping, birth classes, and late-night cravings? Especially when Finn has never considered himself even remotely Daddy material?