Let’s talk Parks and Rec. Never has a sit-com about local government bureaucracy sparked so many epic love stories. April and Andy. Ann and Chris. Ron and Tammy.
But no Pawnee romance burned as bright as Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt.
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I was pretty protective of Leslie, the waffle-loving filibuster enthusiast everywoman. I worried she would never find her perfect running mate. But then Ben came along, and he won us over in a landslide.
How do we love Ben? Let us count the ways ….
(1) He’s a burning hunk of man meat. Especially if you’re into men with elvish figures.
(2) He appreciates Leslie for exactly who she is: an untamed force of political will.
(3) He completely gets the difference between a mid-90s party and an early-90s party. Because those are two totally different parties. For real.
(4) He’s man enough that he isn’t jealous of Leslie’s major crush on former Vice President Joe Biden. #silverfox
(5) He appreciates literature.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, Ben, like Leslie, understands that love matters, but so is friendship.
Get Once Upon a Wallflower by Wendy Lyn Watson for just 99¢!
A Gothic Villain…
Expecting to scare the chit away within five minutes of meeting him, scarred and brooding Nicholas, the Viscount Ashfield, is intrigued by Mira’s tenacious resolve to prove his innocence. She’s not put off by his imposing appearance, but his family’s dark secrets mean he cannot let her get close.
As the wedding approaches, Nicholas and Mira grow ever closer, yet so does the danger.