Here at Entangled, we like to read.
(Bet you would never have guessed that.)
So we also love quick-n-easy recipes that free up more time for us to indulge in our favorite past time.
Each week we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes to help you find a few extra minutes in your day to enjoy your next favorite book!
This week a special guest:
Spiked Strawberry-Lime Ice Cream Pie with Stefanie London!
Behind the Bar goes Beyond the Bar! In Betting the Bad Boy, our heroine, Paige, has a hilarious story about a time when she drank too much tequila. Here’s a fabulous way to indulge in a little cocktail-inspired goodness, with a spiked dessert. Yum!
Spiked Strawberry-Lime Ice Cream Pie
- 4 cups pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (1/2-gallon) container premium strawberry ice cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh strawberries (1 quart), stemmed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Garnishes: lime rind curls, fresh whole strawberries, pretzels
- Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until pretzels are finely crushed. Firmly press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Process strawberries and powdered sugar in food processor until pureed, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture, limeade concentrate, tequila, and orange liqueur into ice cream until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared crust in springform pan. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Blue Bell Ice Cream and Triple Sec orange liqueur.
- Strawberry-Lime Ice-Cream Pie: Omit tequila and orange liqueur, and add 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed. Proceed with recipe as directed. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. Garnish, if desired.
With all that extra time not spent in the kitchen, what’s Stefanie currently reading?
I’m currently re-reading Wicked Sexy by J. T. Geissinger because I loved it so much the first time around! I don’t often re-read books, but this one was fabulous and I needed to delve into that world again before the next book comes out. A hacker, a security company CEO and a mission which could break them both? Yes, please!
Don’t miss Stefanie’s newest release,
Betting the Bad Boy, out now!
Self-confessed perfectionist Paige Thomas isn’t used to failing. But when a critical error in romantic judgment sends all her big city career dreams crashing down, she scrambles to find a job—any job—to make ends meet.
Noah Reid may as well have “trust issues” tattooed on his forehead. Being raised in the foster system didn’t give him a positive outlook on relationships, but now he’s looking after his best friend’s bar for one month, and he can’t do it alone.
Things get steamy when Noah hires Paige, but she’s determined not to repeat her mistakes and she bets Noah that she can keep her hands to herself while they’re working together. Too bad for her, Noah is an expert at breaking the rules…
Growing up, Stefanie came from a family of women who loved to read. Her favourite activity was going shopping with her Nan during school holidays, where she would sit on the floor of the bookstore with her little sister and painstakingly select the books to spend her allowance on. Thus, it was no surprise Stefanie was the sort of student who would read her English books before the semester started. After sneaking several literature subjects into her ‘very practical’ Business degree, she got a job in Communications. When writing emails and newsletters didn’t fulfil her creative urges, she turned to fiction and was finally able to write the stories that kept her mind busy at night. Now she lives in Melbourne with her very own hero and enough books to sink a ship. She frequently indulges in her passions for good coffee, French perfume, high heels and zombie movies. At night she writes sexy, contemporary romance stories and tries not to spend too much time shopping online and watching baby animal videos on YouTube.