To all the Entangled in Romance readers:
Here’s a simple recipe my mother used to make, so it’s at least 50 years old. I have no idea where she got it originally, but I’ve never seen it anywhere or known of anyone but her making it. For all I know, she made it up. She was a fabulous cook. I promise you, this is good stuff! It probably has about a thousand calories per slice. 😉
GRAHAM CRACKER TORTE
1 lb. box honey graham crackers
2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter or margarine
1 flat can crushed pineapple
1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Reserve 18 of the graham crackers (double crackers) whole. Crush the remaining graham crackers.
2. Cream sugar and butter. Stir in crushed graham crackers, pineapple and pecans.
3. Create rectangle of 3 graham crackers. Frost with butter mixture. Add another layer of 3 graham crackers and butter mixture. Continue layering until all 18 of reserved graham crackers have been used, making a total of 6 layers.
4. Frost entire cake with remaining butter mixture.
5. Freeze cake solid. Serve frozen. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you like.
LOL…. As if it weren’t rich enough without the whipped cream.