The editors at Entangled Publishing are always looking for the next breakout hit. Could that be your book? Each month, we have a new wish list from our editors. Watch for them as they’ll change monthly. Let’s discover each other today! All submissions can be sent through our Submittable system. The link can be found here: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/submission-information/
Alethea Spiridon, Editorial Director
• I’d love a great blackmail and revenge story for Indulgence, Scandalous, or our single-title historical list.
• A swarthy, sexy, brooding alpha male. I’m in alpha male withdrawal and craving him. I’ll consider any alpha as long as he is going to make me forget my life and take me away with him.
• I’m happy to review all kinds of historical stories if authors are looking for a new home for their ideas.
Heather Howland, Associate Publisher
• Powerful, emotional, and hot contemporary NA. Alpha heroes with heart and lightning-quick banter are musts. I want to fall in love, laugh, and cry all at once.
• A 1st person POV Brazen series. Take it back to Brazen’s roots with lickable heroes, angst that doesn’t take itself seriously, and tropes twisted in truly memorable fashion. Bring the heat—but don’t forget to create characters we’ll never forget!
• 80’s-movie style YA romance set in high school for Crush. Scowling boys are a major plus, so give me all of those.
• Single title romance with any—or all—of the above (especially scowling boys/men). I’m dying for a hockey series, either NA or adult. Military would also be awesome.
Heidi Shoham, Editorial Director
• I’m specifically looking for books for the Contemporary Select imprint.
• I want powerful, emotional, hero-centric stories told with a strong voice. I’m looking for likable heroines and strong, sexy, broody, alpha heroes, authentic characters handling complicated situations, loads of emotional depth, and real conflict.
Jenn Mishler, Senior Editor
• I’m looking for a YA thriller that makes me turn the pages quickly. Fantasy that has its heroines not as long lost princesses or powerful sorcerers, but as warriors, scouts, and spymasters. Think Tamora Pierce or Sherwood Smith.
• Also looking for edgier YA contemporary romance for Crush.
Karen Grove, Senior Editor
• Still looking for an NA that takes place in a tight-knit working community, i.e. military academy, coast guard training, fire academy, police academy, med school, SEAL training, etc. Where work, play, and free time are all spent in that world.
• Sexy EMTs, swift-water rescue, coast guard, or firemen for any line
• A fun, flirty opposites-attract or fish-out-of-water romcom. Sweet and sexy.
Kate Brauning, Senior Editor
• High concept, big hook, fast-paced YA/NA of any genre, particularly local disaster stories, antihero stories, and thrillers. Anything like The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, or The 5th Wave.
• Charming, heartfelt YA & NA of any genre, particularly dealing with sibling relationships, careers/passions, and complex friendships, such as This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales, The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott, and Everything Leads To You by Nina Lacour
• Sweet to spicy adult romance that revolves around clever and unusual meet-cutes, especially with small-town or rural settings. Think the adult romance version of Gilmore Girls or Friday Night Lights
• Erotica across the genres for our Scorched imprint with unusual settings, non-abusive pasts, and a strong character journey.
Lydia Sharp, Editor
• YA contemporary driven by a strong romantic element, with an emotionally resonant underlying theme. I want stories that have a strong witty voice but also deal with serious teen issues–family problems, mental health, culture clash, etc. Looking for well-rounded characters, a messy romance, and interesting relationship dynamics
• I’m also very interested in YA contemporary that utilizes an uncommon setting, whether it be in the U.S. or abroad, to the point where the setting feels like another character in the story. I’d love to see a romantic adventure story with a mystery at its core and that doesn’t rely on a paranormal element for intrigue.
Robin Haseltine, Senior Editor
• Robin Haseltine is looking for Scandalous and Select: Historicals from British-set Medievals through Victorian times, including Georgian and Highlander.
• She’s also interested in near-Sci Fi — cutting edge Dark Hunter type Sherrilyn Kenyon books with a slight Sci Fi bent, action-adventure military on the cusp of the possible. Robin loves Super Alpha Paranormal Shifters in contemporary settings and Sci Fi action adventure a la Jess Anastasi and Nina Croft.
• She’s also looking for humorous contemporaries for Lovestruck.
• All submissions must have a strong romance at the heart.
Stacy Abrams, Executive Editorial Director
• Interested in finding a unique take on a historical YA, either for Crave (category romance) or Teen print. Should be an intriguing time in history and have a clear tie-in to curriculum, but should be much more about the characters and the romance than focusing too much on historical details. Accessible to a wide readership, too. Something like Code Name Verity.
• Accessible fantasy, again for either Crave or print. Voices similar to Victoria Aveyard, Sarah J. Maas, or Cassandra Clare. Looking for unique worlds and, above all, a unique voice and can’t-put-it-down plot. Strong, willful heroines a plus.
Stephen Morgan, Editor
• I want a contemporary romance featuring a brotherhood of former military men who have never known any family except each other.
• Give me Teen Crush stories that are fun and funny. Show me a new spin on a familiar trope.
• Bring on the heat for Scorched! I want fresh erotic romance that’s too hot to touch.
• Compelling romantic conflict inside a high concept story. Alpha heroes with heart. Romance with quick banter and drama that makes me laugh and cry all at once.
Suzanne Evans, Associate Editor
• Teen paranormal set in high school.
• Adult fantasy and paranormal with lovable characters and deep worldbuilding.
• Historical (especially with hot Vikings)
Tera Cuskaden, Editorial Director
• Tera would love to see some interesting vampire stories, preferably series to build off of, since the world building can be pretty thick in those.
• She’d also love to see some bear shifters, some big cat shifters. Definitely enemies to lovers, fated mates, forbidden love, and forced proximity tropes. And alpha males with some really spunky heroines who give them a run for their money.
• She’d love to see large paranormal worlds with many different paranormal elements, such as vampires, shifters, angels and demons, etc.
• In the sci-fi realm, she’d love to see fresh stories/series along the lines of 12 Monkeys and Star Wars.
Theresa Cole, Editor
• Blue-collar heroes and small-town romances with a paranormal twist. Put that wolf/vampire/etc into the shoes he wouldn’t normally wear!
• She would love a historical fantasy (or alternate history) with heroines in unconventional roles.
• And she still wants a dark, gritty, single-title series full of hot-as-hell shifters.
Tracy Montoya, Senior Editor
• Tracy would love a good blackmail YA or NA romance.
• Broody, dark alpha heroes who are still heroic—no violent jerks, please! 🙂 And give him a strong, smart heroine to match.
• As always, fresh, fun takes on popular tropes for our category romance lines. I’m a sucker for enemies-to-lovers stories in any form.
• I would still love an alpha military man, spy hero, or football player heroes.
• Writers of color are always welcome.
Wendy Chen, Editor
• Wendy Chen is looking for contemporary category romance at any heat level, as long as the emotional relationship is driving the story. I love alpha heroes and also guy-next-door hotties, with conflicts driven by tried and true tropes with a unique hook and setting.