#AuthorLife: When Authors Fangirl by Donna Michaels
Anyone who knows me knows I’m a huge fan of all things Jill Shalvis, and had the honor to meet her a few times at conferences. This pretty much chronicles those wonderful moments, from us both.
1. That moment when your eyes first spot your idol.
2. That moment when your idol first spots you. After your third conference…or was it fourth?
3. That moment when you really really try not to make a donkey of yourself. This time… And you break into your “Go Jill” cheer…
4. That moment when your idol tries to play it cool because you just made a donkey of yourself. Again.
5. The end of the day, after your third (or was it fourth) encounter with your author idol and you’re loving on your cat because your idol didn’t call security on you.
Have you met your idol? Did it go as smoothly as mine?
Donna Michaels is an award winning, New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of Romaginative fiction. Her hot, humorous, and heartwarming stories include cowboys, men in uniform, and some sexy, primal alphas. With a husband in the military fulltime, and a household of nine, she never runs out of material to write, and has rightfully earned the nickname Lucy…and sometimes Ethel. From short to epic, her books entertain readers across a variety of sub-genres, and one has even being hand drawn into a Japanese translation. Now, if only she could read it.
By-the-book event planner Beth Brannigan’s best friend dared her to kiss a cowboy. She should have said no. Instead, she said please…again and again. If her brother finds out she’s dating—okay, kissing—okay, sleeping with—one of his military buddies, he’ll kill her. Assuming he doesn’t kill his friend first.
Former Army Ranger Brick Mitchum isn’t a relationship kind of guy. But then he meets Beth and starts to wonder if maybe it’s time he settled down. She’s mysterious. Unpredictable. Curvy in every way he needs… And hiding something. He’s just got to figure out what.